Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Album Review: The New Amerykah Pt. 2 :Return of The Ankh


Let me preface this review with this statement

Artist should never box themselves in, even if it means losing some fans. As fans, sometimes we desire to relive the initial sensation felt when first discovering artist. Not acknowledging that we must allow our artists to evolve. True artist push the envelope to do more.

With that being said, Erykah Badu’s The New Amerykah (Part Two): Return of the Ankh is a compilation that is the softer side of the militant Part One. She managed to not take her sound too far outside of her natural vintage feel. Personally, I love this project because I am a fan of Badu.

I encourage all soul music fans to buy this CD, even though it excluded what I thought was gonna be the first single Jump Up in the Air. My personal favs are Window Seat (has nothing to do with the video :)), Get Munny, and Fall in Love. Check out Get Munny!



0 comments:

Post a Comment