Thursday, July 1, 2010

Album Review: The-Dream "Love King"


This week was the release of singer/superwriter The-Dream's, "Love King." It took me a few days to digest the album because my initial listens didn't offer me any worth while sensations. But after 3 days, I removed all of my expectations and listened to the album for what it was.

"Love King" caught my attention from the self titled single that proclaimed his dominance over the female gender. One thing that I can appreciate about Dream is that he does not saturate his albums with colabs. He truly gives his listeners a peek inside of his brain and his personal life through self confession. He continues a saga created on his first album about a fling he addresses as Nikki, which seems to be coming to a head. I guess fans have to keep following this story which is only told on his records.

Despite Dreams commercial success he contributes a simplistic relevance to R&B. Suggested listens are: Yamaha, Nikki,Panties To the Side, Love King. Grade B Check out the video Trilogy below hot shit!

The Dream - Trilogy from Motion Family on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment