Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Album Review: R. Kelly's Untitled


I know that many people get offended when you speak negatively about R. Kelly. BUT, his previous 2 albums were kinda nonexistent. There was cool music, but it felt like vintage R. Kelly. I enjoyed his song writing, but his music was not evolving to my ears.
Untitled is his newest release and I was reluctant to listen to it, but because I’m not ready to listen to 50 Cent, I went ahead and gave it a listen. It makes me proud to say that now I feel that he is evolving as an artist. His music is fresher, and it is allowing him to shine more as a writer. Also, I think it is in order to tip hats to new writer/producer The Dream. Dreams’ music has always resembled the mind of Kels, but it is even more obvious in this work. My favs are Be My # 2, Pregnant, Elsewhere, and Like I Do. If you don’t have Untitled you can listen here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment