Wednesday, September 9, 2009


It's finally here...the first exclusive interview of the new segment "Real People Doing Real Things."

Today's spotlight is on Eric Ramey, musician/producer.


1. How and when did you fall in love with music? When did you know that you could take your talent beyond just a hobby?
I don't know when exactly, my dad is a musician so I've been around music my whole life. I used to sit around and watch him play, go to his band rehersals, and shows...fun times :) I really got in to it when I was about 16; that's when I actually picked up the bass and got serious. I realized when I was working jobs like Hollister and Sam Goody, and could make more money in 3hrs doing music than in a week at these jobs, and be doing what I would do for free...MUSIC!!!




2. What are you doing currently with your music?
I'm submitting my stuff to different artists mainstream and indy. I work with a couple other guys, when we get together we are called the Hit Frat. Kameron Pearson is my right hand man; he is a monsterous keyboardist. We have taken stuff to Warner Music, and it was being played for A&R's of a lot of labels. We also have some things going on over seas in Asia creating a buzz. A lot of the dj's are digging the stuff.




3. Where have you performed and where would you like to perform?
LOL I don't remember the places I've peformed. Um... I've been on Bobby Jones Gospel, Canada, did a tour with the Albert Dudley Singers, and I used to play with Obvious Obsession Gogo band, we used to kill live shows. Now I'm with Michael B. Hicks, a cat outta Nashville Tenn., his album "This is life" is gonna be crazy hot, soulful type stuff. Check him out on facebook! I don't have a specific place I would like to perform at, I just love being on stage small, medium, large I don't care I just wanna play.








4. Who have you worked with? Who would you like to work with?
Amber Bullock, Jstyles, Mike B. Hicks, Phil Hughley, Eddie Spanky Alford, and others buts that's a few...I'd like to work with... Musiq, Mary Mary, Common, India Arie, John Mayer, The Neptunes, Justin Timberlake, PJ Morton, Rihanna, Brandy, and lots of others too many to name.

5. Who are some of your musical influences?
Kelvin Wooten, Spanky Alford, my dad, Pfunk, John Mayer, and all the motown stuff. James Jamerson, Coldplay, Steely Dan, Pino Pallidino, Jaco, Darkchild, Norris Jones, Al Green,
Average white band, Concha Buika, Raphael Saddiq, Marcus Miller, and lots more but i won't put them.



6. What is your biggest goal musically?
To get my music heard and apreciated, and to start getting mailbox money lol. I don't want to get to a point where I'm stuck in one place as far as the type of music I do. I want to be able to produce and write every style and genre effectively and authentically from country and rock to r&b and hiphop.



7. How can people get in touch with you to book you for events?
eramey85@gmail.com

8. Anything else that you want to add? What has been your biggest obstacle?
Support indy artist don't burn their cds!!! The biggest obstacle has been getting heard I have hot material, but without an avenue to get heard you have hot stuff with no listeners!


Well that raps up the first edition of "Real People Doing Real Things." Next time...filmmaker Jurian Isabelle.

Stay Tuned....

-Deonshay Danson

0 comments:

Post a Comment