Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Roll the Film

Okay I promise that it is merely a coincidence that the first two features for the segment "Real People Doing Real Things," are people from my hometown, Huntsville, Ala. When I had the idea to do the feature Eric Ramey was my first thought, and then I received news of an Alabama State University alum who produced a film in the Black Film festival at the Capri Theatre. That alum just happened to be my former classmate and hometown friend Jurian Isabelle.

Jurian and I met in college, as we were both communications majors; he was focusing in radio/television and my concentration is public relations. I didn't know that we were both from Huntsville until the summer of my sophomore year when we ran into each other in the mall.

Jurian graduated from ASU in 2008, and is employed by WHNT-19, Huntsville's CBS affiliate doing production and writing movie reviews. He wrote, directed, produced, and acted in his first film, "Veils of Color," this year.

I can't give it all away, tomorrow my exclusive interview with Jurian will be posted on the blog so stay tuned.

-Deonshay Danson

0 comments:

Post a Comment